From Brown to Green
- In this three-part series, expanding on our July/August 2012 "Designers at Home" theme, Los Angeles–based architect Barbara Bestor tracks her hands-on, ten-month renovation of the…
- We published and you read. Here's part three of our series on the most popular homes ever featured in Dwell. Find 1-20 here and 21-40 here.
- Tucked into the side of a scenic San Francisco hill, one of the city’s more diminutive houses battles everything from dry rot to obstructionist neighbors in order to grow up.
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, highlights amazing environmentally-friendly homes. See part one here.
- Sagging stairs and sad stoops will soon be a thing of the past, thanks to the following inspirational ideas from clever architects and homeowners.
- On Austin’s outskirts, where urban, industrial, and rural collide, lawyer and science-fiction author Chris Brown’s bunker-style home redefines modern city living.
- While curb appeal may get all the fan fair we think great architecture deserves kudos from all angles.
- A wide expanse of glass is a classic hallmark of modern architecture, and with good reason: Walls and windows that blur the boundaries of indoor and outdoor spaces by employing glass create feelings…