Bach to Basics
- Living in a small space isn't restricted to city dwelling. Here are seven pint-size homes situated in far-reaching places.
- From solar power and recycled materials to thermal energy and rooftop gardens, these 10 homes are both inspiring and functional models for sustainable living.
- On the shores of New Zealand’s Lake Wakatipu, architects Bronwen Kerr and Pete Ritchie designed a relaxed family home that reclines into its spectacular landscape.
- With authenticity and simplicity as their rallying cry, a Kiwi architect and his wife have built a modern beach house that puts a fresh spin on the local vernacular.
- A new prefab prototype on a Scottish island demonstrates a smart—and superlocal—approach to building in far-flung locations.
- We're continually amazed by all the great residential design Down Under. But lest the Aussies take all the credit, check out our tour of the best modern homes in New Zealand.
- If not for the dawn appearance of the bear, which came loping toward Maem Slater-Enns and her then six-month-old daughter as they sat contemplating the water, the Enns family might still be residing…
- A few years ago, while working with the indigenous communities of remote Arnhem Land, in Australia’s Northern Territory, architect Sue Harper became passionate about prefab.