8 Surprisingly Sustainable Modern Homes
- Passive heating and cooling are both cost-efficient measures that ease a new residence's burden on the earth.
- In Holland, being green is not a choice, it's a governmentally enforced obligation. Architects Han van Zweiten and Gregory Kiss's project makes a case for obeying the law.
- Take a tour through Chicago's first Passive House built by Brandon Weiss of Weiss Building and Development LLC, with the help of architect Tom Bassett-Dilley.
- Eight modern homes that incorporate sustainable building practices into their oceanfront locations.
- The E+ Green Home, a concept house located an hour outside Seoul, not only points the way to a greener South Korea, it may well be the most sustainable house in the country.
- Off the Grid, a recurring feature in the Dwell issues, focuses on modern homes that tread lightly on the earth.
- From solar power and recycled materials to thermal energy and rooftop gardens, these 10 homes are both inspiring and functional models for sustainable living.
- If you ask Thomas Robertson, the difference between actively green houses and his passively sustainable Courtyard House is the difference between “a solar-powered yacht and a sailboat.