7 (Nearly) Net-Zero Homes
- With a sleek prototype in Emeryville, California, under its belt, Simpatico Homes sets out to redefine prefab's cost—and footprint.
- We're thrilled to have architect Whitney Sander back to Dwell on Design this year to talk about his unusual prefabricated building system.
- With new laws limiting water consumption in many places, it shouldn't be a surprise that drought-tolerant and native landscaping is continuing to flourish, replacing expansive and expensive lawns.
- How an unfussy, nearly zero-energy family home in Santa Cruz, California, wound up with hay bales in the walls, a state-of-the-art heat pump system, and six very happy residents.
- A net-zero prefab home design is set to reinvigorate a down-at-the-heels Los Angeles neighborhood.
- From New York to Los Angeles, these self-sufficient homes prove that you don't have to live in the middle of nowhere to be off-the-grid.
- Ed Begley, Jr. is wearing what can most accurately be described as his uniform, a blue dress shirt unbuttoned to reveal a white t-shirt, khaki cargo shorts and Crocs with socks.
- Take the sting out of the colder months with smart, green insulation.