7 Dreamy Outdoor Gardens
- From locations like a microcourtyard in Virginia to a prefab glass-shelled retreat in summery Finland, these ten outdoor gardens will make you green with envy.
- At their house and flower farm in Los Angeles’s Glassell Park, Laura Gabbert and Andrew Avery bring friends, family, and a fleet of urban gardeners together for the classic indoor-outdoor party.
The largest outdoor gardening event on the West Coast has evolved into a prestigious community gathering, as well as a premier industry event for gardening aficionados and professionals in Southern California and beyond. The event illustrates innovative and environmentally responsible garden design, shares knowledge of “green” gardening practices through workshops, lectures and demonstrations, and provides specialty plants, books and home gardening elements in the Marketplace.
This year’s event is a tribute to the home gardener and will be an active “How to” guide for living a green gardening lifestyle in Southern California. Workshops, Lectures, and demonstrations will range from creating edible gardens to designing with California friendly plants, to composting and making water-wise choices, the LA Garden Show will provide the essentials for the professional and novice home garden.
A wide variety of unique and exotic plants will be available for sale selected by the L.A. County Arboretum curators and will extend from well-known fruit trees, herbs, and vegetables to cacti and succulents, California Natives, and flowering favorites. Plant experts will be on-hand to share information on how to plant and care for plants.
Exhibits designed by renowned Southern California landscape designers will showcase sustainable landscape design to inspire the home gardener.
Each day of the “LA Garden Show” will feature different events and guest speakers to allow for visitors to schedule their attendance according to their specific interests. Visitors will be able to purchase plants and related gardening items at the show.
- Whether spanning acres or encased in amorphous glass ecospheres, Paula Hayes's singular landscapes blur the boundary between art and nature—and redefine the relationship between art and…
- We can’t change the size of our backyard, but there are many simple ways to make your outdoor space feel larger than it is.
From urban rooftop gardens to living roofs that help homeowners save on energy costs, you'll find plenty of ideas for the final (green) frontier: the roof.
- Although snow still covers many a garden, spring is rapidly approaching and the plans for lush landscapes are being laid.
We've compiled 33 tried and true landscaping ideas from leading designers, and we're sharing new tips all month long. Check back here for a diverse array of design ideas for decks, gardens, and more. From small urban terraces to sprawling backyards, there's inspiration for all.