Orange Accents For The Modern Home
- In the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, Ahmad Djuhara is on a one-man crusade to blow away the conservative cobwebs of the city’s dowdy suburban architecture.
- A 1960s home with an unusual awning gets upgraded with 21st-century conveniences while maintaining its Austin street cred.
- For photographer Reinaldo Cóser and his family of four, the best way to deal with the sometimes-draining throb of massive São Paulo was to simply rise above.
- Many architects say that the roof is the fifth facade. Here, we prove how true that sentiment is with 7 projects from our archives that allow the roof to be the star attraction.
- The fact that no other word in the English language rhymes with orange also extends to the color's unrivaled ability to up the ante of any home.
- From a textile designer's bright London home to a modern farmhouse in Missouri, peep to see five more of our favorite home renovations around the world. View Part One, Two, and Three here.
- Though it's sometimes looked down upon as a dowdy counterpart to its enclosed cousin, the garage, the carport is a functional and—as these examples from Dwell's archives suggest—often elegant touch…
- In an era of sustainability, nothing should go to waste, and a roof should be no exception. We take a look at seven innovative rooftops where lush gardens and garden parties alike can thrive.