Orange Accents For The Modern Home
- In the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, Ahmad Djuhara is on a one-man crusade to blow away the conservative cobwebs of the city’s dowdy suburban architecture.
- A 1960s home with an unusual awning gets upgraded with 21st-century conveniences while maintaining its Austin street cred.
- In the penultimate chapter of our series on the 100 most popular projects ever published in Dwell, a selection of homes including a few mid-century favorites, a tree house in Canada, and more.
- Many architects say that the roof is the fifth facade. Here, we prove how true that sentiment is with 7 projects from our archives that allow the roof to be the star attraction.
- For photographer Reinaldo Cóser and his family of four, the best way to deal with the sometimes-draining throb of massive São Paulo was to simply rise above.
- The fact that no other word in the English language rhymes with orange also extends to the color's unrivaled ability to up the ante of any home.
- Designing a modern house doesn't have to mean building from the ground up. These six renovations show how to update existing facades with modern details and bring old buildings into the future.
- From a textile designer's bright London home to a modern farmhouse in Missouri, peep to see five more of our favorite home renovations around the world. View Part One, Two, and Three here.