We just announced the winner of our Methodology contest, but we received many more creative and innovative designs from readers eager to upcycle away. A special thanks to everyone who spent time thinking about how to transform a humble container into something useful, practucal, and beautiful! Click through our slideshow to see seven of our favorite ideas.
Showing image @current of @total
- Dwell and method, two arbiters of style that aim for pride of place on your shelves, dared you to defy us with your concepts for upcycling, recycling, rethinking, and deconstructing—beginning…
- In a new book out this August, upcycling ace Danny Seo guides readers through the craft of taking trash and everyday objects and transforming them into "better, brighter, and cooler…
- We are very pleased to present this gallery dedicated to our talented top finalists in our Water Wise competition, sponsored by Kohler. All the creative solutions made for a very difficult decision!
By now, we've all heard of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch—a concentration of marine debris located in the ocean. To combat amount of plastic in the sea, Method just released a line of biodegradable hand-and-dish soap packaged in bottles made from a blend of plastic recovered from the ocean and post-consumer recycled plastic. Find it at your local Whole Foods.
- On Thursday, the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum announced the winners of its 11th annual National Design Awards.
- The James Dyson Award, which "seeks to single out the best in problem-solving student design," recently announced their regional finalists, selected from over 500 submission entries.
Editors' Picks Products
- We have more from the floor at the fifth-annual Dwell on Design conference at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Here we present a few booths that caught our attention.