Material Focus: Glass
- Whether it's subtle accents or solid exterior facades, we examine seven modern homes that utilize the classic and durable metal, steel.
- What do architects build when they can be their own clients?
- German architecture is known for its clean lines, cutting-edge design, and elements of play. Here, we share seven examples of architecture across the country.
- An apartment overlooking the High Line in New York City captures views of a constantly changing urban landscape.
- A green house near the coast of El Salvador captures the best of its naturally striking setting—filled with sunlight, invigorating breezes, and sweeping views of lush woodlands.
- Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, the old adage goes. That said, the careful are rewarded with stunning views and a strong connection to the outdoors.
- Some of the coolest houses, literally and figuratively, are underground—built into the land. To see three subterranean high-design homes, click through our slideshow.
- Don’t be a square; whether out of necessity or aesthetics, these layouts come in all shapes and sizes.