Material Focus: Corrugated Metal
- From girders to grating, steel has long been a popular, highly recyclable, and relatively inexpensive material for architects, designers, and builders.
- Here at Dwell, we love houses with a good backstory.
- Hay insulation, passive solar, drought-tolerant gardens: Behold the following 7 houses from Dwell's pages that give back by striving for net-zero status.
- When it comes to ecologically minded building materials, straw bales are among the kindest (they involve repurposing waste material from the grain growing industry).
- Affordable gestures abound in this transformation of a dilapidated former duplex in the Texas Hill Country.
- Warm, rosy-toned copper has fallen into favor with contemporary designers.
- Using workaday materials, architect Indra Janda creatively constructs a backyard retreat that looks opaque during the day and glows at night.
- In our latest regional round-up—hope you caught our posts on New England and Belgium—we turn our attentions to Texas, an outsize state with a notorious maverick streak.