How-To: Patterned Rugs
- One grand gesture is all it takes for a small space to make maximum impact, whether its high-powered wallpaper, a splurge-worthy piece of furniture, or a gutsy paint job, we share our favorite bold…
- As Friday comes to an end and we ready ourselves for the weekend, we take a look back.
- Architecture gets expensive, so these homebuilders put their creativity to work by designing with plywood. Here's how they saved a buck on materials without looking, well, cheap.
- Christmas vacation is right around the corner and that has got us all pining for a fabulous vacation getaway home. Here, we take a look at seven enviable escapes from the beach to the mountains.
Like typography savants, textile cognoscenti occupy a healthy chunk of the modernist population—as they should, since woven accessories are essential for warming up a stark, streamlined interior. These five selections, from dhurrie to hand-knotted, make a case for vibrant colors and patterns underfoot.
- Nothing screams "late fall" like a trip to a cabin. These seven homes fit the coziness bill, but with a modern slant that brings the housing typology into the 21st century.
- "That rug really tied the room together," says Walter Sobchak in the Big Lebowski.
- Festooned with color and pattern, these seven designs use tile to create striking visual effects.