Finishing Touch: Innovative Uses of Wood
- A house is clearly more than the sum of its parts, but sometimes a single masterstroke adds the ultimate finishing touch to a project. Here are seven such moves.
- When Jeff Taylor and Alex Miller designed the Pull House in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, they took “form follows function” one step further: Form describes function.
- An undulating wall made from over 40,000 dowels adds a dose of awe to a Massachusetts loft.
- “The first floor was about making something warm and woody that would blend into the natural environment,” architect Stephen Chung says of his Wayland, Massachusetts, home.
- Budget supplies become modern design gold in this Omaha home.
- A. Quincy Jones was a mid-century modernist whose architecture knew no bounds.
- For this farmhouse in the Flemish town of Outgaarden, the Belgian architects 51N4E were charged with designing a new kitchen and adjacent storage space.
- When you walk into the Financial District's newest third-wave coffee hot spot, Coffee Bar, it may seem like you're waiting under the arch of a proscenium rather than in line for a piping hot latte.