Detail We Love: Butterfly Roofs
- Illinois resident Mary Kalanzis rises every morning with a view worthy of the next world. "I wake up to the vision of the hut everyday," she says.
- Kykuit, the Rockefeller estate in Pocantico Hills, New York, hearkens from the days of robber barons and captains of industry.
- What's it like to live inside an iconic house-museum? These impeccably-preserved residences highlight the work of six great modernist architects from the 20th century.
- A new owner with a light touch has kept Marcel Breuer's 1959 Hooper House II a marvel of the mid-20th century whose life will extend well into the 21st.
- While not as often associated with modernism as steel or glass, stone is indeed appreciated by modern architects, as evidenced by the following seven houses from the pages of Dwell that incorporate…
RISD Museum assistant director James Brayton Hall will lead a discussion on the furniture and architectural design of Marcel Breuer, and the materials he favored.
- With families in tow, architects Keith Moskow and Robert Linn settle in for a weekend of s'mores and camping in the unlikliest of locations: a simple structure built in the heart of the suburbs.
- We've featured homes from virtually every continent, in locations as far ranging as busting metropolises to serene suburbs to remote islands, with architectural programs equally as diverse.