Designing with Plywood in the Modern Home
- It’s not unusual for New Yorkers to have problems with their neighbors; after all, many a co-op brawl has started over a little late-night noise.
- For their weekend home in Sharon, Connecticut, architect Lynn Gaffney and her husband, Bill Backus, filled their natural wood "shack" with eBay finds and classic modern design pieces.
- Made of hardy Scottish materials and holding a Japanese heart, this Edinburgh house shows that two architects from disparate cultures can design a home that bridges the gap.
- The McKenzie residence sits within the grid of a commercial apple orchard, its roof and upper parts floating above the trees to echo the surrounding hills.
- Flummoxed by the ever-present need for storage in the bathroom? Here are 10 ways to stash all your bath supplies in a modern way.
- Aaron Roberts and Thomas Bailey, the young architects behind room11, teamed up to design a house for Aaron's parents, fixing the structure into the topography of the site.
- In spaces small or large, an eat-in kitchen is a useful hub for singles and families alike. Here are 8 well-designed versions from the pages of Dwell.
- As these residences prove, you don't need pricey, high-end materials to craft a high-design home. In the right hands, even humble sheets of plywood take on a luxurious new dimension.