Designing for Kids: 5 Rooms That Put the Fun in Functional
- Design isn't just for adults anymore; the demand for innovative kids' spaces in on the rise. Erica Islas, founder of EMI Interior Design, has been busy creating nursery, kids, and play rooms.
- What do you get when you give a couple of designers unlimited creative license on a very limited budget? For Andrew Dunbar and Zoee Astrakhan, the possibilities were limitless.
- When architects fall in love, designing their own home can be both rewarding and challenging feats. Through compromise and collaboration, these couples successfully made their dream home a reality.
- In 2009, Dwell reported on the Ikea kitchen cabinet phenomenon, and five years later it is still going strong. From off-the-rack to custom, these kitchens use them best.
- These bold and modern facades take transparency—and creative use of common materials—to the next level.
- This year, skip the relentless rows of big-name toy stores and check out Dwell's selection of fun holiday gifts for the mini modernists on your list.
- Take the sting out of the colder months with smart, green insulation.
- To revamp their loft in New York City’s Tribeca neighborhood, a family enlisted Matthew Miller of StudioLAB.