Design Made from Recycled Books
On Saturday June 29, 2013, designer Brian Gennett will show his work at Chung King Studio in Los Angeles for Chinatown Design Night. "I am a designer of interiors and objects, based in Los Angeles," says Gennett. "My passion lies in combining my artistic ability with my love for interiors. My work exemplifies my interest in sustainable practices and one-of-a-kind hand-made objects." Here's a preview of his work, which he hand-crafts from vintage and antique books.
@current / @total
- From architecture to furniture and products we are seeing geometric designs take off everywhere. The clean lines of simple geometric shapes are a perfect fit for the modern design aesthetic.
A hand-printed pattern of dots adorns these 280-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets.
- From March 24th to May 10th, "Harry Bertoia: Works on Paper and Furniture" will be on view at Kean University's Karl and Helen Burger Gallery.
- Los Angeles designers Matthew Sullivan, Tanya Aguiñiga, and Ben Medansky exhibited their work during the 2014 Milan Design Week as part of the L.A. x Milano project curated by Bold LA and BPM Studio.
- Is your kitchen too drab? Feeling the pinch of cramped cooking quarters? Appliances dating from the stone age? We've got you covered.
- India Mahdavi's Landscape collection integrates global design references.
- Over the past 10 weeks on NBC’s new series American Dream Builders, host Nate Berkus has led us through inspiring interior design makeovers, meant to help a family in need.
- Ever ask yourself, "Is that Arial or Helvetica?" (Or for type snobs, "Is that Helvetica or Helvetica Neue?") Then WhatTheFont may be the iPhone application for you.