Design Detail: More Modern Bridges
+ Read Article
Footbridges can join an older structures to a new additions, or close a gulf between a house and the street. And when good design is part of the mix, they can add a decorative touch. Following this post from September, here are seven more modern footbridges from Dwell's archives.
@current / @total
- Set into the dense tropical foliage of Hawaii’s wildest coast is a house that goes with the flow by welcoming the breeze.
- From a striking catwalk to a glass-walled skybridge, we cover walkways and platforms the span great divides.
- In this series, Sebastian Mariscal designs a home in Venice, California, that brings the outside in. We track the project from start to finish with future resident Michael Sylvester.
- Seattle did nothing to cast away its stereotype as the country's wettest city earlier this week.
- At the start of the new year we all have grand intentions. Often, one of them is to finally get more organized.
- Though the obstacles they faced were formidable, this couple’s perserverance brought them closer together and made their dream home a reality.
- Brise soleil—architectural devices that shade structures from sunlight—offer sculptural flourishes and passively cool buildings. We examine five examples from the Dwell archive.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.