Bookshelves for All Spaces
- Data Modern Furnishings was founded by Ryan Richardson in the fall of 2010, after 18 months of prototyping and tweaking their products.
- In 1940, architect Franco Albini made a single model of his ship’s rigging-like Veliero bookcase for his Milan home—where it eventually collapsed.
Is it better to look good or to feel good? Franco Albini worked for almost 15 years to perfect the classic Luisa chair, a striking seat that has it both ways.
- I went to the Dwell bookcase today to look for the tome Mutations by Rem Koolhaas and others.
Multi-functional furniture makes small (and not-so-small) spaces a little more livable. Need a place to sit, set your coffee, or house your collection of paperbacks? This modular unit is a bench, bookcase, and coffee table together as one. The larger sections are made of solid or moka ash, shown here with the smaller square—Plato—which is sculpted from a single block of marble.
- Three ‘book-objects’ created by Alexander and Daria Kudmova Butahinoy of the Moscow-based Ruetemple Architectural Studio offer ways to store books and save space.
- French luxury furniture retailer Roche Bobois turned 50 this year, celebrating this milestone with a retrospective at their Madison Avenue showroom.
- Whether you work from an office or a garage-space start-up, the right tools are necessary to put you in a professional mood. We found the office essentials to set you up for success.