The Bicycle Rack Reimagined
- The winner and finalists of the Red Hook Bicycle Master Plan Competition—the Forum for Urban Design's competition to re-imagine Red Hook, Brooklyn, as "the most bicycle friendly…
- When every square foot of storage counts, consider the little-used and often-overlooked spaces underneath staircases.
- Lauren Burman began making Little Shirley vases a few years ago in honor of her grandmother, Shirley Larson, who was battling cancer.
- The latest luxury boutique hotel in Philadelphia is Hotel Palomar in historic Rittenhouse Square. Yes, it's Kimpton, but Kimpton Hotels never ever let you down.
- Street furniture already catches the eye of denizens eyeing a resting spot, but in select cities it also has people marveling at their good looks.
- Named after its raw aesthetic, Brutalism in modern architecture features elements of strict linear design and repetitive geometric shapes.
- Keeping your bike outside leaves it prone to theft, even if you lock it up.
- We're kicking off a month of Dwell-approved holiday shopping lists with this roundup of the best unusual gifts to give your friends and relatives who seem to have it all.