Bar, Desk, NewYorker
The NewYorker is a savvy bit of furniture by designer Jen Turner that is at once a desk and a bar. We featured it in the November 2011 issue's 101 story on renting and here we present the fine bit of decor in all its dual-function, space-saving glory. We're betting your studio apartment didn't come with one of these. All photos by David Engelhardt.
Showing image @current of @total
- The NewYorker is a savvy bit of furniture by Jen Turner that is at once a desk and a bar. We’re guessing your studio didn’t come with either.
- We love a challenge and we're here to prove that hosting a holiday cocktail party in a small space is not only doable but can be totally chic as well.
- In our series, Coffee Break, Dwell editors travel far and wide to cover some of the most well designed coffee shops in the land.
- Greetings from Sweden!
- Most folks who kit out a vintage Airstream intend to take it on the road, but Burton Baldridge’s design—a hip new green room for one of the most respected music venues in Austin,…
Contributing Blogger Tiffany Chu: If your second home is the library and your first home the studio desk, there's probably an academic cornucopia of design supplies that you've been yearning for all semester. For those of us who've been toiling away for final reviews and have only begun thinking about the holidays, here are some picks for your fellow design scholars.
In this master bedroom, the desk, bed, and shelf are all designed by Slade Architecture.
- Any traveler who’s been drawn to the magical desolation and unique energy of Iceland and its people knows that finding interesting places to stay has been quite a challenge.