7 Uses of Perforated Metal
- In a modest park on the western edge of Dallas, a modern picnic pavilion is a gathering point.
- For her largest commission to date, a young San Francisco architect channels Tadao Ando to create an outdoor room for a couple in the Berkeley Hills.
- Dwell's April 2014 issue is now on newsstands—here's a sneak peek of the intelligent homes, outdoor products, and green building methods you'll see in its pages.
- In Arlington, Virginia, architecture firm Höweler + Yoon contends with spatial and budgetary constraints to carve a microcourtyard, complete with Japanese maples and a cascading concrete fountain, in…
- When Jay Atherton and Cy Keener met in grad school at the University of California, Berkeley, they discovered in each other a rare constellation of common interests: minimalist architecture, rock…
- A family enlists Brooklyn design-build firm MADE to renovate a brownstone using surplus and salvaged materials for a budget-conscious patina.
- When they want to escape the mayhem of city life in Chicago, Diane Pascal and Thomas Richie retreat to their low-profile getaway in Hennepin, Illinois, a town where agriculture and ecology are still…
- In Oakland, California, two designers transformed a 100-year-old barn into a (very) cozy home of their own by redefining the functionality of walls and windowsills.