7 Sustainable Homes Worth Sharing
- When 33-year-old Japanese architect Miwa Mori was a student in Germany, she learned a lot about architecture by observing fashion.
- It ain’t easy being green, but it’s worth the extra effort. Here, we share five sustainable homes that don’t skimp on design.
- In the eastern Netherlands, resourceful recyclers Superuse Studios have built a house almost entirely out of locally-sourced scrap, from old billboards to broken umbrellas.
- One of our perennial favorite departments at Dwell is Off the Grid, our monthly section devoted to sustainable architecture, materials and techniques.
- Passive heating and cooling are both cost-efficient measures that ease a new residence's burden on the earth.
- A new book on passive houses by designer Julie Torres Moskovitz highlights the super-green homes of our sustainable present (and future).
- Here at Dwell, we love a good form, but only in tandem with function.
- If going green at home was so simple, everyone would do it right? And though it makes sense in theory, actually bringing a sustainable plan to life is often easier said than done.