7 Modern Mezzanines
Mezzanines are, by definition, in-between spaces—neither here, nor there; neither upstairs nor down. But mezzanines needn't be wasted space. Here, from Dwell's archives, are seven examples of creative designs for the mezzanine—a lofty perch on which one can sleep, read, work, or merely observe.
@current / @total
- A flat renovated by a pair of fashion insiders breathes new life into architect Moshe Safdie's iconic Habitat '67 building.
- Renovations offer accessible inspiration. After all, most folk don't tend to find themselves in circumstances where they are starting from scratch.
- This past October, the city of Austin celebrated the reopening of Arthouse at the Jones Center—the oldest contemporary art organization in Texas.
- On Austin’s outskirts, where urban, industrial, and rural collide, lawyer and science-fiction author Chris Brown’s bunker-style home redefines modern city living.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up five of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Clerestory windows have been around since the time of the ancient Egyptians, and there's a reason for their staying power.
- When getting from here to there, the journey is just as important as the destination.
- Who doesn't want a little more light in their lives?