7 Facades Full of Color
- Two hours later, revivified by a pair of conga players’ exuberant performance on the 2 train, I hustle out at the corner of Third Avenue and East 149th in the South Bronx, once an international…
- Massachusetts has a long and storied history of progressivism, one that is reflected in these groundbreaking designs from Dwell's archives.
- From classic, cool glass swaths to a glowing semi-opaque wall to a crowning oculus of light, we've rounded up a selection of some of the most distinctive and diverse windows from homes featured in…
- You'll never tear us away from the flat-roof modernism so prevalent in Dwell's pages over the last 12 years; nor would we try to eschew touting the glory of mid-century housing typologies.
- Like doorknobs, mailboxes, and fencing, house numbers are crucial for broadcasting a home's essential modern-ness. Neutra is a guaranteed winner, font-wise, but consider a few other modern options.
- Many camps argue that communal living is the way of the future because of it's lower impact on the environment. Could you do it?
- Craving not just a home but a proper piece of architecture, a handful of design- and business-savvy Dutch families banded together, hired an architect, and set about forming the community that would…
- In the following slideshow, spy seven ways that architects and designers crafted their structures around trees.