6 Color Stories for Modern Interiors
@current / @total
In this collection of slideshows, we explore the myriad ways color can be incorporated into a modern home.
- From an orange shipping container addition to a cleverly-painted kitchen divider, click to see how these six homeowners used color to add personality to their homes.
- Alexallen Studio's clever Lightbracket combines two functions into one streamlined, colorful industrial design.
- The fact that no other word in the English language rhymes with orange also extends to the color's unrivaled ability to up the ante of any home.
- Blue: the color that helped catapult the careers of artist Yves Klein and musician Miles Davis, the most-prized and most-expensive hue in the Renaissance.
Try all you want to align the yellow, red, blue, orange, and green, but the only two colors that truly matter on the Rubik's Cruet are black and white. Salt and pepper come out when you twist the squares, and it just might be so much fun be careful of overseasoning.
- Did you know that red was the first color after black and white to be named?
- Rendered helpless in the face of a color wheel? Have a hard time choosing between yellow, green, blue, and red for your living room?