2013 Gift Guide: For the Coffee Lover (Snob)
@current / @total
- Coffee gets its percolator and tea has its kettle, but hot chocolate is most often relegated to a mug in the microwave. Why is this warm bev missing out on a maker all its own?
- Italian designer and architect Alessandro Mendini, born in Milan in 1931, joined forces with the Italian design factory Alessi in the late 1970s as a kind of Postmodernist design mentor for the…
- This month, kitchen and home appliance company De'Longhi is launching its new kMix breakfast collection.
A micromesh filter within this ceramic design ensures a nearly foolproof brew and will give you good earth karma for abandoning paper filters.
- The main course of a meal might receive the oohs and aahs, but as any host or hostess will attest, it’s the beverages that fuel a party and get the conversation going.
- Any true coffee lover (snob) will tell you that one cup manual brewing is the best way to enjoy the black elixir of the gods and that the art of crafting the perfect cup is almost as enjoyable as…
- Under-caffeinated Brooklynites have a new destination in Toby's Estate coffee, an Australian cafe import that opened in January. The company has been around since 1998 but for their first U.S.
Cutting-edge baristas have been promoting a pour-over brewing method of late, and this machine brings it all home. The bonus? A titanium-plated, stainless steel filter eliminates the need for wasteful paper filters.