You May Also Like
- Eero Saarinen's fiberglass-and-aluminum Tulip table and chairs, designed in 1950s for Knoll, were among the futuristic furnishings found in the 1960s classic Star Trek series.
- A look at Eero Saarinen's Womb chair, an icon of midcentury modern design.
- Responding to a wartime call for furniture, British designer Ernest Race began producing pieces using available materials—particularly aluminum and steel—in the late 1940s.
- It’s never too late to start collecting modern furniture. Take inspiration from these well-furnished interiors, which bring design classics out of the museum and into home.
- The best way to gain perspective on the aesthetics of a given era is by examining the product designs of the time.
- For Part Two of Carefully Curated Interiors, Dwell takes a look at 4 modern homes around the world that have assembled their interiors with thought and intention.
Join the Discussion