You May Also Like
- Eero Saarinen's fiberglass-and-aluminum Tulip table and chairs, designed in 1950s for Knoll, were among the futuristic furnishings found in the 1960s classic Star Trek series.
- A look at Eero Saarinen's Womb chair, an icon of midcentury modern design.
- Responding to a wartime call for furniture, British designer Ernest Race began producing pieces using available materials—particularly aluminum and steel—in the late 1940s.
- We take a look back at Eero Saarinen's iconic design—and one of his last.
- Who says modern can't be romantic? Knoll just unearthed a trove of love letters exchanged between iconic designer Eero Saarinen and his wife, writer Aline B. Saarinen.
- The ghost of Charles Eames shows up and demands you buy the midcentury modern classic of your dreams. Charles says money is no object. What do you choose? Let us know in the comments section below.
Join the Discussion