Assistant Editor Jordan Kushins: I’d love to make more time to make more things in the new year, and could definitely use a nudge or two in the right direction. DIY inspiration really is the gift that keeps on giving, so here’s a few projects and kits to kick off a creative renaissance.
- You’d be hard pressed to find someone—in this or any other galaxy, no matter how far, far away—who is not a fan of Star Wars, and the insta-classic from 1977 is now a franchise that…
- For those who adore the beauty of a blank-page-in-waiting, behold! The incredible allure of a hardback book you make yourself is just too damn much to resist.
- Buy this book. Get one for yourself, get one for your friends. It is awesome. The minute I picked it up I got crafter's hyperventilation, or whatever that feeling is when the only thing you want to do in the world is just start making something that you see in front of you. Picnic sets! Sun printing! Iron-on dartboards! Silkscreen! Seriously, this thing is awesome. You will love it. (note: pre-order it now, it's available on 28 December)
It's true, foldout road maps are on the way out. Clean out your glove box and put those old maps to use. Recycled road map corkboards are a quick DIY gift idea for the beloved traveler, geography buff, or your college road trip partner-in-crime.
- Hello, friends! Welcome to Home Work, a new column on dwell.com.
- Ever since I got my hands on a copy of Meg Mateo Ilasco's latest book, Crafting a Meaningful Home, I've been flipping through trying to decide what to start working on first.