- When it comes to infusing an interior with modern sophistication, nothing beats the Midas touch. A spatter of gold, a swath of silver: Metallics can create a sense of luxury, edge, even playfulness.
- Often neglected, yet so essential. Whether they're resting on the dining table or occupying the floor, the world would be a little darker without these beaming lights.
- Seyhan Özdemir and Sefer Çağlar are the principals behind the Istanbul–based design house Autoban.
Oak or walnut with fabric or leather upholstery
- As writer Shonquis Moreno put it, after traveling to Turkey’s most cosmopolitan city for the first annual Istanbul Design Biennial, "Istanbul is a city of chaos, improvisation, and irony, where a…
- Istanbul modern? In a word, it’s Autoban. With their east-meets-west twist on mid-century classics, this young duo has jump-started their hometown’s design scene.
- Everywhere we looked on the show floor of ICFF, we saw our own faces reflected back.
This gold-plated metal, hand made Murano glass globe was designed by Guenther Leuchtmann in 1981 for the restaurant "Le tre streghe" (The three witches) in Hamburg. We absolutely love it's unique and almost gypsy-cystal-ball-like quality.