The rubberized flexible stem allows light to be targeted in any direction. It is fitted with an LED specifically developed by Yamagiwa’s technicians. Because LEDs do not generate heat, the light source can be recessed 20mm into the stem, eliminating glare. The zinc tripod base is inspired by the form of concrete sea defenses.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a bit of a sweet tooth, with chocolate being on the top of my list. So when I think gifts, I think sweet. And although I can be completely satisfied with some plain old chocolate chips from the baking aisle of the market, this time of year, something a bit more fanciful and special seems in order to give to friends and family. Here are a handful of places that make some of the best chocolaty, sugary, carmely, marshmallowy stuff I can think of having or giving, any day of the year.
Bakelite is back. It's the ball that binds the three ash wood poles into a tripod stand for your hat and coat.
- The second day at Salone del Mobile was no less exciting than the first. Here are some snapshots and images of today's best finds.
- Nothing creates a festive and cozy atmosphere for a holiday party like candle light.
- Once a year just doesn't seem like enough to honor and thank the mothers of the world, but since the official day is coming up, we thought we'd help you out with some great ideas to make this…
- Architect Thomas Heatherwick unveils plans to turn a century-old grain silo in Cape Town, South Africa, into the continent's premiere museum devoted to modern African art.
- For Part Two of Carefully Curated Interiors, Dwell takes a look at 4 modern homes around the world that have assembled their interiors with thought and intention.