- Whether it’s the real deal or merely a facsimile, marble is both cutting-edge and classic. Here are seven pieces straight from the quarry, from small tabletop pieces to statement-making furniture.
- Hello, sports fans! That's right: Milan's annual design fair happens next week, and it's big, bad, and enough of an endurance test to qualify as spring training.
- Yakitate, or "freshly-baked" in Japanese, is an accurate description of the piping hot talent curated by the online design magazine designboom for this year's Dwell on Design.
- Writer Lisa Katayama sees innovation triumphing over tragedy in Japan in the wake of the Sendai earthquake.
- T-Table stands for transgenic table.
Designers Jaime Salm and Young Jin Chung translated the beauty of origami to this small side table. The two laser-cut steel sheets ship flat, then the simple folds will slot them together.
The M.A.S.S.A.S. collection is compact and tidy, defined by the raised, tacking-like stitching along its seams. Upholstery fabric is bonded to wadding to create an ubersturdy covering for its polyurethane foam core.
- Merriam-Webster defines a table as: A piece of furniture with a flat top and one or more legs, providing a level surface on which objects may be placed.