You May Also Like
- By eschewing high gloss for a matte finish, these pieces tout a quiet subtlety. Lest you think them too Plain Jane, consider matte's powdery velvet texture- a tactile bonus for a low-profile look.
- Greta Grossman, for a while relegated to the footnotes of design history, is finally getting the deserved recognition as one of the pioneers of mid-century modernism in both Sweden and California.
- French designer Florence Deau coaxes a modernist city planning office into a beachside pied-à-terre.
- Gerard Kitchener is fond of talking about the weather, especially as it pertains to Waratah Bay in southeastern Victoria, Australia.
- For their part in the citywide "Pacific Standard Time" exhibition, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) has just opened “California Design 1930–1965: Living in a Modern…
- Open Air Modern is based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, but its reach extends to midcentury Scandinavia and beyond with a selection of curated vintage furniture and a hand-culled design library.
Join the Discussion