Standing just over three feet tall, British designer Russell Pinch’s table lamp has an ultra-thin ash veneer shade. When illuminated, the natural wood grain becomes visible.
- Don't kid yourself—playing is serious business. Here are six playrooms from our archives that we wouldn't mind pitching a fort in.
- What does a $9.99 bottle of screw-top wine have to do with a prefab house? Vetter Denk made the connections in an innovative getaway for an enterprising vintner.
- In Clerkenwell, an architect re-imagines a space to bring out the "dramatic geometry" of its concrete ceiling.
- Interior and furniture designer Nick Dine—son of pop artist Jim Dine—has a love-hate relationship with his 2,000-square-foot Hudson Square condo loft.
- Among the kitschy, gnome-loving chalets of Holland's community gardens, Krill Architects created an anomalously spare and highly adaptable Garden House.
Place by Jasper Morrison for Vitra
- One of the highlights of my recent trip to Basel, Switzerland, was crossing the border to visit the Vitra campus in Weil-am-Rhein, Germany, about 25 minutes from Basel, and exploring the VitraHaus.