- In this Conversation Piece series, we take a look at 10 Statement Lights that are sure to grab attention, hold gaze, and spark a few discussions.
Maestro-of-lighting Poul Henningsen designed the PH Snowball in 1924, and its glare-free radiance is just as clear today. The aluminum shades are placed at just the right angles to ensure even illumination.
- It’s known around the world as the “Artichoke” but in Denmark, where it originated, Poul Henningsen’s iconic lighting fixture is often referred to as the “pine…
- Danish designer Poul Henningsen had us at the Artichoke lamp, its 72 leaves bursting forth from it like fireworks.
Break out the bubbly, it’s time for a toast. Here’s to the golden anniversary of Louis Poulsen’s colorful classic PH5—recently reissued as PH50—and cheers to a very bright future indeed.
- The most buoyant of the lighting family, pendant lamps are awfully fun but take a bit of planning; here's how to do it right.
This little genius screws atop any plastic bottle, and it features an adjustable head so you can create any level of mood lighting you so wish. Just leave it in direct sun for three or four hours, and you'll enjoy up to five hours of uninterrupted LED illumination.
- Giving delicate plants the Edward Scissorhands treatment with your safety shears simply won’t work. Prune limp leaves, snip wilted blooms, and keep plants prim with this hardy iron ikebana implement.