- Marcel Breuer’s Wassily chair, the Eames lounge chair, George Nelson’s Ball clock, and Giancarlo Mattioli’s Nesso lamp are just a few of the prodigious products that one might claim…
Like an elusive sea creature glowing from within a thicket of coral, the Corallo lamp captures the intrigue of the deep within its tangle of injection-molded polycarbonate branches.
Possibly the first light made completely of polycarbonate in transparent or batch-dyed black. It takes three 40-watt E14 bulbs.
- In this Conversation Piece series, we take a look at 10 Statement Lights that are sure to grab attention, hold gaze, and spark a few discussions.
- B&B Italia, which was founded in the mid-’60s, developed the first injection-molded polyurethane-foam seating, which today is still the basis of its upholstered seating.
- Las Vegas designer Logan Hendrickson makes versatile, industrial-inspired lighting that won't break the bank.
- Seeking a modern shell for their mid-century pieces, a pair of collectors found a relatively untouched Eichler in San Rafael, California—and a built-in excuse to acquire more furniture.
- From Marble to mobili, Italy has been a, if not the, design mecca for the last century. Here's why.