You May Also Like
- Those pink interiors of the 1950s can be traced—not to a prescient interior designer—but the fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli, who introduced a war-weary world to a hue she dubbed…
- Many a modern-design enthusiast can spot a Cesca side chair and say it was designed by Marcel Breuer. But, were it upholstered in Digit fabric, few could name the textile designer.
- The roster of furniture designers who have graced the factories of Knoll is startling: Saarinen, Platner, Bertoia, Breuer.
- American upholstery manufacturer Designtex taps British studio Wallace + Sewell for a colorful, graphic collection of fabrics.
- Recently the Bowdoin College Museum of Art received a gift of 320 artworks from the collection of Dorothy and Herbert Vogel—a couple who earned under $50,000 a year but managed to amass a vast…
- Follow Dwell on Instagram for a behind-the-scenes look at photo shoots, sneak peeks of upcoming issues, and a glimpse of our travels around the globe. Here we share five recent snapshots.
Join the Discussion