- When decorating, black can take you anywhere from bold to sophisticated to edgy. Here, we take a look at eight great black furniture, lighting, and accessory pieces for the home.
- A dramatic departure from your typical cabin on the lake, this unique retreat adds shades of black to a tiny island awash with local color.
Kartell's indoor/outdoor Lizz chair—similar to Starck's La Marie, but designed with comfort in mind—finally arrived stateside in 2008 in seven glossy techno-polymer colors.
Designed by Philippe Starck in 2002 / Polycarbonate mold
- Whether a sculptural noir Philippe Starck or bright-hued minimalist number suits your fancy, there's a dashing modern chair for everyone inside.
- Thanks to a prefab in-law unit, an octogenarian modernist lives independently on a peaceful, verdant site in Northern California.
The Dr. Yes is no shrinking violet; the bold, sweeping profile makes a big statement in any room. We love the contrast between the glossy exterior and matte interior, and the texture of the seat keeps your glutes glued.
It’s wiggly! The spindly, tapering legsgive the chair a fair amount of torque and swivel—–more than any other chair in our roundup. It’s also oddly tall: Despite the dip in the seat rim, shorter people’s legs will dangle.
- Whether it's indoors or outdoors, for practical use or aesthetics, a fireplace is a great addition to any home.