- As a reaction to throw-away culture in the years following the recession, we have seen age-old woodworking techniques such as cabinetry and parquetry become the focus of high-profile design projects.
The Dutch company's Ibiza collection saturates walls in degrees with a photo-realistic paper that adds an of-the-moment gradient effect.
For the look without the weight or price tag of real stone, consider using the Danish retailer’s WallSmart non-woven wallpaper version.
- Danish Crafts, an organization devoted to representing up-and-coming Danish designers, announced this year’s Mindcraft, their exhibition at Milan’s Fuori Salone 2013.
- Wallpaper is an easy way to add sophisticated visual interest to rooms when objets d’art and pricey pieces aren’t an option.
- Back in the bad old days of design, the unholy trinity of wall coverings were harvest gold paint, flocked wallpaper, and knotty-pine wood paneling.
- An aptly placed pattern does a modern interior good. Spy seven of our favorite wallcoverings in the following slideshow.
- Asked to design a space for an art collector whose body and walls were already covered in decoration, architect Thom Faulders capped off the project by creating a piece of art out of an…