- By eschewing high gloss for a matte finish, these pieces tout a quiet subtlety.
We’ve had it with cords tethering our tunes. And despite a boombox’s street cred, our cassette collection ended with the Traveling Wilburys. Enter this Bluetooth-enabled, rechargeable, eminently portable loudspeaker that need not be handled with care.
Roughly the size of an eyeglass case, this diminutive hi-fi audio system flips open to reveal stereo speakers, a woofer, digital amplifiers, a radio tuner and an alarm clock. Completely portable, it can run 5 hours on a single charge and connect to any audio device wirelessly via Bluetooth or with the included line-in cable.
- Six alltime favorite picks for portable stereo speakers, plus one new tabletop version from the American audiophiles at Klipsch.
- Here are seven striking finds from Dwell's first day roaming the sprawling floor (or floors, really) of the 2014 International CES, formerly known as the International Consumer Electronics Show in…
- With Switch, electronics manufacturer Native Union seeks to break into the portable speaker market.
This walnut tabletop version of Symbol Audio’s all-in-one hi-fi console unit retains the same vintage vibe while taking up less space. Made to order in Hudson Valley, New York.
- Fresh from his appearance at Design Indaba in Cape Town, Mikal Hallstrup of Designit talks about the importance of design in everyday life.