The pebble chair was designed for Virgin Atlantic’s Upper Class Clubhouse at JFK.
- Duravit shares their latest collection, Starck 2, an updated series by Philippe Starck set to debut at ICFF this May.
- Dwell editors Sam Grawe and Jordan Kushins are on the ground in Milan reporting on the 2009 Salone del Mobile. They'll be sharing highlights as they go.
- A few of our editors were in New York this week for the 2009 International Contemporary Furniture Fair—here are a couple pieces that turned their heads. Stay tuned for updates!
A bounty of salvaged fir provided inspiration for the Whitaker Collection, a stellar collaboration between Semigood's Thom Jones and (Dwell's very own senior designer!) Brendan Callahan, and Seattle steel worker Dave Whitaker. The unique colors and grains of the upcycled timber pieces—which also include a bench, desk, and side table—offer perfect contrast to the sturdy 100% post-consumer recycled steel legs.
- Studio Dunn debuts new, blown-glass bulb lighting at the 25th annual International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York.
- MUJI, the Japanese brand famous for being tastefully brandless, will soon open a retail shop in JetBlue's new Terminal 5 at New York's JFK airport.