If video killed the radio star, then certainly the Jambox by Jawbone will have a hand in hammering the final nail into the Boombox coffin. This impressive wireless speaker pairs with a number of electronic devices, such as your iPad or tablet devices, Smartphone, Mac or PC. Using Bluetooth technology, this speaker streams your favorite music, or can act as your personal home theatre speaker system for movies or television shows right from your iPad. Oh, and did I mention it’s also designed to allow you to take that unscheduled conference call from anywhere? Sync it with your smartphone, and watch your office cube (or kitchen table) turn into a virtual conference room. Weighing in at only 12 ounces, it's perfect for bringing along the next time you’re at the beach, hanging out poolside, or while traveling.
- Six alltime favorite picks for portable stereo speakers, plus one new tabletop version from the American audiophiles at Klipsch.
Way back in 1997—before iPods were invented, after boomboxes were a little out of style—Marc Berthier designed the Tykho radio for French brand Lexon, and the colorful silicone-covered audio box still holds up. Waterproof, with just a few intuituve buttons to maneuver, it works with soapy hands the shower, foody fingers in the kitchen, at a picnic, on the road, or anywhere you choose to tote it along for some fresh am/fm tunes. Available in the US from YLiving.
An estimated 75% of household trash can be recycled. This recycling center eliminates the clutter of bottles, cans, and paper by sorting, storing, and compacting recyclables. There's also a junk-mail slot and a recycling-day programmable digital alert, so a pick-up is never missed!
- Edyn is a garden system created by an entrepreneur with an affection for horticulture. It comes in two parts: a sensor-laden stake, and the Water Valve hose actuator.
- Modern interiors and products incorporating the humble, versatile, and flexible material that is rubber.
- LG Electronics partners with designer Nate Berkus to enhance its premium Studio line of kitchen appliances.
- Here is a quick roundup from days two and three of our roaming the floor at the 2014 International CES in Las Vegas.