Quite plainly, the sexiest task light you will ever see. The space between the single fold houses the halogen (or LED) bulbs, while the eponymous tab at the base of the shade enables a redirection of rays.
- Newly published monograph The Design Work of Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby offers the inside account behind the British duo’s expansive portfolio.
- Once a locker for a midnight loo, the bedside table has taken on a far sweeter function—and a score of forms for holding big dreams, and small specs, till the morning light.
- Jason Bruges is showing in Milan for the first time with Established & Sons.
- A couple in northern Italy trade a cramped flat for a renovated farmhouse in the country.
- Annually, artists from around the world come to celebrate the creative industries as London awards innovative designers at the London Design Festival.
Britain-based Established & Sons unveiled a new line of Estd-labelled accessories in Milan, forgoing individual designer assignations for a collection that instead focuses on the individual item and the brand itself. We were quite taken with this merino wool blanket, which manages to make flourescent pink and a soft pastel look like just the right accent colors for even the most subdued sofa.
- Edward Barber of British studio Barber Osgerby tells us the background on the modular seating line his firm designed for Knoll.