- Scandinavian design grew popular in the modern era for its simplicity and focus on minimalism.
- Claesson Koivisto Rune introduces its second iteration of the prefab home, combining time-honored Scandinavian touches with the studio’s signature polished aesthetic.
- We've been covering the 2011 Stockholm Furniture Fair for the past week, delving into everything from the heavy hitters on the main show floor to the promising young designers debuting prototypes in…
- Magis—The Steelwood chair from Magis is a product of experience—the suppliers who punch the sheet metal for the back, which adroitly supports four legs and a beech wood seat, are among…
- Sturdy waxed canvas, brass grommets, and a woven lanyard make for one mighty fine ditty bag by Best Made Co., a modern-day retailer in the manner of dry goods stores from the past.
- Torsten Sherwood's Homage chair combines the simplicity of vernacular design with open-source developments.
- One of the most surprising things at Tent—one of the LDF shows—is the 'Lazy Chair' by Freshwest Design.
A trio of untreated woods—ash, hoop pine, and plywood—were used for this sculptural occasional chair.