With its gentle curves, Ola (or “wave”) earns its name ably. The chair is made from rigid polyurethane upholstered with foam and a fixed cover of either stretched Lycra or leather.
- Monica Förster takes a hands-on approach to furniture design.
- Since 1893, Gärsnäs has worked with furniture artisans to create wood works that are durable, pleasing to the eye, and functional.
- “Mother Nature is too powerful to try and mimic,” says Shane Coen, whose firm is known for its minimalist approach to the residential landscape.
- If there was one exhibition I longed to see last year, it was 17 Swedish Designers.
- Massproductions is a Stockholm-based furniture company that launched last year based on the longstanding collaboration between designers Magnus Elebäck and Chris Martin.
Jonah Takagi translated his experience in set design to this industrial product; the “bounce” in question is a reflection and diffusion technique used for filming.
- Never Built: Los Angeles, an upcoming exhibition at the A+D Architecture and Design Museum Los Angeles (on view from July 28 through September 29) will highlight radical projects that would have…