With its gentle curves, Ola (or “wave”) earns its name ably. The chair is made from rigid polyurethane upholstered with foam and a fixed cover of either stretched Lycra or leather.
- Monica Förster takes a hands-on approach to furniture design.
- Since 1893, Gärsnäs has worked with furniture artisans to create wood works that are durable, pleasing to the eye, and functional.
- “Mother Nature is too powerful to try and mimic,” says Shane Coen, whose firm is known for its minimalist approach to the residential landscape.
- If there was one exhibition I longed to see last year, it was 17 Swedish Designers.
Jonah Takagi translated his experience in set design to this industrial product; the “bounce” in question is a reflection and diffusion technique used for filming.
- Massproductions is a Stockholm-based furniture company that launched last year based on the longstanding collaboration between designers Magnus Elebäck and Chris Martin.
- Never Built: Los Angeles, an upcoming exhibition at the A+D Architecture and Design Museum Los Angeles (on view from July 28 through September 29) will highlight radical projects that would have…