This wonderfully striking and elegantly simple bracelet is crafted by Dinosaur Designs. It’s a stand-alone piece to be worn as an object d’art. Manufactured out of resin, this should be treated like a cherished ceramic heirloom.
- The small decorative black bird is considered one of the most famous Eames pieces, even though it wasn't designed by Eames at all.
It's difficult to browse through Area's online shop without pining to slip back into pajamas and crawl right into bed. Designer Anki Spets has created a beautiful collection of soft textiles—sheets, quilts, shams and more—with mimimal prints and simple textures, and a distinctly Scandinavian style. These 100% cotton Harry herringbone blankets come in four colors and are machine washable.
- Manufacturing from conception to production and reproduction.
- The Vitra Campus in Weil-am-Rhein, Germany, is design-heaven on Earth.
- One of the highlights of my recent trip to Basel, Switzerland, was crossing the border to visit the Vitra campus in Weil-am-Rhein, Germany, about 25 minutes from Basel, and exploring the VitraHaus.
- Even if you can't pony up the cash to buy a living room full of iconic furniture by Charles and Ray Eames doesn't mean that there aren't some Eames-related stocking stuffers to splurge on.
- We recently featured Federico Babina’s Archist City of artist’s imaginary houses, now see his newly released architect’s portraits and their buildings.