- Warm, rosy-toned copper has fallen into favor with contemporary designers.
- Whether you work from an office or a garage-space start-up, the right tools are necessary to put you in a professional mood. We found the office essentials to set you up for success.
- Yup, the warm metallics are still going strong. This is the trend that just won't quit, but that's ok because we love it.
- The Williamsburg furniture fixture A&G Merch showcases its edgy, tongue-in-cheek vibe with a selection of its favorite current pieces.
- Touting a model of collaborative creativity, five young Chicagoans share talent and resources to promote the work of female designers.
Domestic lighting is having a sculptural moment with designers eschewing accented shapes and materials in favor of surprising silhouettes. Put aside your task lamps, Edison bulbs, and cloth lampshades in favor of sleeker, more airy modes of illumination that use a light touch with heavy metals (bronze, brass) and new-fangled LED bulbs in place of their energy-gobbling cousin, the incandescent.
A light-emitting acrylic tube contains 180 LEDs, which mimic old-school fluorescent bulbs with less eye strain and better energy efficiency.
- In our September entertaining issue, we profiled the one and only Murray Moss, New York design impresario and "ringmaster" of the over-the-top, irreverent design objects with high price tags.