- In our Modern Across America issue, we rounded up the best American-made products from across the country. First up: furniture and accessories crafted in the Northwest.
Ten hues of drawstring stitching contrast Poliform’s multitude of fabric options, all wrapped around Massaud’s sinewy chair frame. We recommend the higher-contrast shades, from an electric blue to Giallo, pictured here.
The undersized J.J. was created to complement Citterio’s oversize Arne sofas. Steel rods support a stained oak frame, between which a series of crisscrossed seatbelt-like bands make up the seat, which is covered in a leather cushion.
- Not long ago we took a look at deft joinery and fine form of the Laura desk by Portland, Oregon's Phloem Studio.
- Ryan Mails's passion for woodworking started before he was ten years old.
Manufactured in North Carolina, the walnut frame with a sling back and seat marries Scandinavian sensibilities with American craftsmanship.
- Torsten Sherwood's Homage chair combines the simplicity of vernacular design with open-source developments.
- When decorating, black can take you anywhere from bold to sophisticated to edgy. Here, we take a look at eight great black furniture, lighting, and accessory pieces for the home.