- Whether wrought from molded aluminum or the latest techno-mesh, few seats work harder than the sturdy desk chair. We worked a few over.
- Vermont-based glassmaker Simon Pearce has been responsible for some of the loveliest, most popular American-made glassware of the last couple decades.
- I was thrilled to discover that East London is chock full of design do-gooders.
- Too much time has passed since we last checked in with mid-century furniture aficionado Sam Kaufman, whose diminutive gallery on Beverly Boulevard is always stocked with the most wonderful things.
- Among the many wares that were exhibited on the Dwell on Design show floor, 11 stood out for excellence in their respective categories. Read on for the winners of the 2011 Dwell on Design Awards.
More than 20 years into his career, Jasper Morrison has little to prove. His designs eschew kitsch in favor of timeless qualities that speak to the nature of the object he is designing in this case, a bentwood chair.
The Worknest chair by les freres Bouroullecs does have an avian shape, one that hides its technical bells and whistles behind humble plumage.
Balance 2.0 floor lamp by Mieke Meijer.