- Designers are jumping on board to offer modern takes on the classic piece of lighting, the candelabra.
Glo Ball’s shade is made from a matte, hand-blown, opaline glass that perches atop a thick gray-painted steel base and stem over a die-cast aluminum support. Takes one 250-watt bulb to glo.
- The annual Imm Cologne Fair showcases innovative design from over 1,100 international brands.
- We are sorry to report that Bill Moggridge, director of the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, passed away this weekend.
- The Space Race of the 1960s greatly influenced modernism in design and architecture. Like the astronauts that inspired them, these designs dare to boldly go where no one has gone before.
- See you later, burnished brass; bright and shiny copper is the new kid in town.
New from Flos. This linear suspension light, designed by Philippe Starck, features a polished die-cast aluminum body with polycarbonate diffuser and steel suspension cables.
- I was a carpenter and architectural woodworker in Northern California for 12 years before sidestepping into a related writing, photography, and editing career in 1988.