Istanbul-based design duo Seyhan Özdemir and Sefer Çağlar of Autoban took a page from Warren Platner's book for this chic gold-plated steel lamp. We love the taper of this lamp's stem, which comes in three sizes.
- Istanbul modern? In a word, it’s Autoban. With their east-meets-west twist on mid-century classics, this young duo has jump-started their hometown’s design scene.
- Seyhan Özdemir and Sefer Çağlar are the principals behind the Istanbul–based design house Autoban.
- As writer Shonquis Moreno put it, after traveling to Turkey’s most cosmopolitan city for the first annual Istanbul Design Biennial, "Istanbul is a city of chaos, improvisation, and irony, where a…
- Often neglected, yet so essential. Whether they're resting on the dining table or occupying the floor, the world would be a little darker without these beaming lights.
Leif.designpark's Lin chair represents another stellar collaboration between the Japanese design studio and De La Espada. Choose between sturdy wood frames of black oak or American white walnut and cotton or wool upholstery to match your color scheme, and we can definitely see this piece becoming the best seat in the house.
- When it comes to infusing an interior with modern sophistication, nothing beats the Midas touch. A spatter of gold, a swath of silver: Metallics can create a sense of luxury, edge, even playfulness.
We’re guessing this new modular sofa is named after an actress and not the town in Saskatchewan. Our assertion is further verified by the elegant and unusual X-patterned seams that crisscross the upholstery like an Oscar-worthy evening gown and the solid wood legs that elevate this seat like a pair of Salvatore Ferragamos.