Salone 2012: EuroCucina
This year, at almost every stall at Eurocucina we felt at home, noticing a serious trend in kitchens and living rooms coming together. Whether the consequence of our shrinking urban environments, or comfort and functionality trumping tradition, the kitchen now dominates as the social center of the home, and companies are designing accordingly. The integration of table tops of all shapes, depths, heights and sizes, and in some cases even couches, into the kitchen, sent a clear and convincing message: the dining room is dead. Here are ten examples of the newest in kitchen design from Eurocucina, any of which we would be happy hanging out in.
@current / @total
- On the third day of the 2010 Salone Internazionale del Mobile, we devoted an entire day to Eurocucina, which is a fair-within-a-fair that appears in Milan every two years.
- A collection of some of our favorite kitchen renovations from our archives.
- Italian kitchen design powerhouse Scavolini recently opened up a 10,000-square-foot flagship store in Soho, their very first in the United States.
- Want to know how to ruin a dinner party really quickly? Fill the house with smoke.
- The second day at Salone del Mobile was no less exciting than the first. Here are some snapshots and images of today's best finds.
- Winter white is a color theme that may be trendy at the moment--but is equally classic and has long been revered by modernists.
- Henrybuilt and Viola Park rank high on our list of great, modern kitchen systems (a list that includes the likes of Snaidero, Berloni, Scavolini, Pedini, Boffi, Poliform, and Bulthaup to name just a…