Salone 2012: EuroCucina
This year, at almost every stall at Eurocucina we felt at home, noticing a serious trend in kitchens and living rooms coming together. Whether the consequence of our shrinking urban environments, or comfort and functionality trumping tradition, the kitchen now dominates as the social center of the home, and companies are designing accordingly. The integration of table tops of all shapes, depths, heights and sizes, and in some cases even couches, into the kitchen, sent a clear and convincing message: the dining room is dead. Here are ten examples of the newest in kitchen design from Eurocucina, any of which we would be happy hanging out in.
Showing image @current of @total
- On the third day of the 2010 Salone Internazionale del Mobile, we devoted an entire day to Eurocucina, which is a fair-within-a-fair that appears in Milan every two years.
- A collection of some of our favorite kitchen renovations from our archives.
- The second day at Salone del Mobile was no less exciting than the first. Here are some snapshots and images of today's best finds.
- Architect J.C. Schmeil of Merzbau Design Collective recently completed this 4-bedroom, 4-bath house on Lake Austin in Texas, designed for a couple with three young children.
- "A kitchen provides physical and spiritual nourishment, and for many homes it is the heart and soul of family life," writes celebrated tastemaker Sir Terence Conran in Kitchen Book.
- From an inviting kitchen in a charmingly renovated cypress clad home to a hand-hewn elm galley atop a houseboat to a peek at the glossy blue cabinets inside the iconic Miller House, these kitchens…
- Edge Studio's apartment building with its glass-and-steel facade is a glowing example of the urban renaissance that's gripping Steel City.